Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mike was not at work on the day Kelsey died

After my notes on the five pages I've read so far from the biased book, I was contacted and challenged on my statement that Mike Porter was only at work for an hour or two on the day that Kelsey was raped and murdered. The biased "journalists" left that part out of their book from what I've read so far and I'm not surprised that people are changing their stories and are willing to lie. It's all about spreading hate toward Raye and her family, just like the lie that Gayla was on the phone with Raye when she was supposed to be napping. This is not true! Or the lie that Key represented Janet before he became judge. Not true! He didn't even live in the same town as Janet. People make up things and throw them out there to see if anyone will bite and it's tragic that anyone believes the liars.

This is from Mike Porter's preliminary hearing:

Questioning by Mike's attorney

Answers by Mike Taber, Mike Porter's friend and employee

Q – Do you know whether Mike was at work that day?

A – He was at work, briefly.

Q – Do you know what time he left work?

A – No. I couldn’t tell you that.


Questioning by ADA

Answers by Mike Taber, Mike Porter's friend and employee

Q – Mr. Taber, you had indicated in response to Mr. Sutton’s questions that on October 11th the defendant had been at work briefly?

A – I believe so, yes.

Q – Do you remember at what time the defendant arrived at work?

A – No.

Q – Do you remember what time maybe he left?

A – No, I can’t.

Q – Do you remember how long – you used the term “briefly.” Can you define that by minutes or hours, however long?

A – I’m going to say maybe an hour, two hours tops, he might have been there at work. His office is not in the same building as I work, so it’s kind of hard for me to say.

Q – Do you remember if that time that he was there for an hour or two hours was in the morning or the afternoon?

A – No, I can’t recall.


This is from Mike Porter's OSBI interview:

Q….So it was after Jean left that you-guys visited, you and Raye Dawn visited on the phone. And you told me before that you left - - you left work around 2:15 or 2:30?

A….Yeah, somewhere around there. I was running late.

Q….And you went back to give the pickup to Raye Dawn so she could go pick up ...?

A….We just got her Explorer out. It had been in the shop for a while. And when we were driving it home, we noticed it had a wobble and it’s almost too much of a wobble for her to control. So that’s why I said, you know, “I’ll just bring the truck home, and you can go get ....”

And she said, “Well, okay. I’m going to go lay down.”

Q….What time does ... have to be picked up?

A….She gets out of school at, I think, 2:55 but we always try to get there a little after three, because Sequoyah, I don’t know if you’ve ever seen it, the pick-up line will flow all the way out into the street. And a lot of times if you get there, even if you get there at 2:30, you don’t get up there to pick them up until 3:05 anyway. We usually go about 3:05, I guess, and we can just drive right in and get her.

Q….How long does it take to get from your house to Sequoyah?

A…I’m guessing 20 minutes.

Q….About 20 minutes?

A….Yeah. I mean, she left at 2:45, I think. She was going to be right about on time.

Q….And it only takes you just a couple of minutes to get home from work?

A….Oh, yeah. I’m just right there. Five minutes.

Q….Now, when you got home, where was Kelsey and Raye Dawn?

A….When I got home, Kelsey and Raye were in the bed still napping.


I know that my readers are intelligent and that you can figure it out for yourselves, but I want to make a point that Mike Porter worked less than four miles from home and we're talking about a straight, country road with no traffic and a speed limit over 50. (I've been there twice but I can't remember the speed limit.) If he were telling the truth and he was at work, like he claimed, why would he leave work at 2:15 or 2:30 to travel "less than five minutes" and be home at 2:45pm as he claimed. Can anyone answer that question for me? Was he there at 2:45pm? This is from Raye Dawn's testimony at Mike Porter's preliminary hearing:

The district attorney is questioning.

Raye Dawn is answering.

Q – Okay. After you laid down about two o’clock, what do you next remember?

A – We laid down and she was taking the raisins out of the box and was eating them and she would close it after she got out each time. And we had a discussion about – I told her, I said, “Kelsey,” I said, “close that box.” And she said, “Mommy, I have to get some.” And I said, “Well, get some.” And we laid there for a minute and then she said, “Mommy, I love you so much.” And I said, “I love you too, Kels.”

Q – What happened next?

A – She went to sleep.

Q - When she went to sleep, can you recall how she was laying on the bed? Well, first of all, let me backtrack. What room were you in?

A – We were in my bedroom.

Q – And is that located – the house in Meeker is east of Meeker on Highway 62; correct?

A – Correct.

Q – And it’s set back on a hill?

A – (The witness nodded her head.)

Q – Is it a two-story or one-story?

A – It was two-story.

Q – And the master bedroom, where is that located?

A – It’s located downstairs.

Q – Okay. And is that the bedroom that you went to sleep in?

A – Yes.

Q – That you went to lay down in?

A – Yes.

Q – Okay. When Kelsey went to sleep, what was she wearing?

A – She was wearing her black biker T-shirt that went to her knees.

Q – Anything else?

A – No.

Q – Is there a reason you didn’t put another diaper or other pants or panties on her?

A – No. Just after I took her pants and her panties off, we just started looking for something to snack on and then just went to lay down.

Q – Okay. When she went to sleep, how was she laying?

A – On her back.

Q – Okay. What happened next that you can recall?

A – I remember – I don’t remember if Mike woke me up or if I just woke up, and he was standing at the edge of the bed.

Q – Okay. So is it fair to say, then, you also napped?

A – Yes.

Q – Okay. So when you say “Mike,” you mean the defendant, Michael Porter?

A – Yes, sir.

Q – What happened when he arrived at the house?

A – Then when I woke up, he was standing at the edge of the bed. And I said, “I’m not going to” – I said, “I’m not going to take her.”

Q – What did you mean by “I’m not going to take her,” and who did you mean?

A – I mean Kelsey, because she had just fallen asleep.

Q – When you say “I’m not going to take her,” where were you going?

A – I was going to pick up Mike’s daughter at school in Shawnee.

Q – And what’s Mike’s daughter’s name?

A – ......

Q – And your decision to pick her up, whose decision was that on this day?

A – It was his. He had told me earlier at some point.

Q – Do you recall when he had told you?

A – No. It was either that morning or the night before that we had discussed it.

Q – Where was ... in school?

A – She was in Sequoyah.

Q – Is that in Shawnee?

A – Yes.

Q – Sequoyah Elementary?

A – Yes.

Q – How far or how long would it take you or anyone to get from your house to Sequoyah Elementary?

A – About 20, 25 minutes.

Q – Okay. And you had to pick her up and drive her, or someone from the family had to pick her up and drive her every morning; correct?

A – Correct.

Q – And pick her up after school?

A – Correct.

Q – Was that normally done by you or normally done by Mr. Porter?

A – It was done by both of us.

Q – Was there any set schedule to it or just random?

A – No. Just random.

Q – Okay. So this was not the first time you had gone to pick ... up from school?

A – Correct.

Q – Okay. So you made the decision at that time not to take Kelsey with you; correct?

A – Correct.

Q – What happened then?

A – So then I slip out of bed, and I stand there and watch her for a second.

Q – Why?

A – Because usually when I would get up, she would wake up most of the time.

Q – And had she woken up at this point, what would you have done with her?

A – I would have taken her with me.

Q – Why?

A – Because I would – if she was awake, I would always take her with me.

Q – Okay. But at this point, she was not awake?

A – Right.

Q – Was she sleeping?

A – Yes.

Q – Was she breathing?

A – Yes.

Q – Okay. Everything appeared normal to you about her?

A – Yes.

Q – What happened next?

A – Then I told Mike I wanted to show him the turtle that Kelsey was playing with. He follows me outside. And I look around for a second for it, and I didn’t find it. So I get in the truck and I leave. And then as I’m backing up, I stop, I roll down the window, and I said, “Take care of my baby.”

Q – Okay. What happened next? What did you do?

A – Then he nodded his head and rolled his eyes.


Questioning by Mike Porter's attorney.

Answers by Raye Dawn.

Q – Do you know what time Mike got home that day?

A – About 2:45.

Q – How do you know it was 2:45?

A – That’s when we discussed he would be there.

Q – Is Mike usually on time?

A – Yes, sir.

Q – Is he usually pretty responsible?

A – I used to think so.

When Mike Porter arrived, nobody knows. Raye didn't look at the clock. She just went on the time that he said he would be there. Raye states that she felt someone watching her and she opened her eyes and he was standing by the bed. She doesn't know how long he was there. She doesn't think he tried to wake her up. Looking back now, she calls it "creepy."

Raye Dawn and her family wanted and still wants the truth--ALL OF THE TRUTH--good or bad to be told so that they will know what happened to Kelsey. Why are the cyber bullies and people who claim to love Kelsey working so hard to silence the truth? Why wasn't Mike Porter taken to trial so that all of his dirty deeds could be brought to light? As I stated in my previous post, it's all in God's time and hopefully some light bulbs have been lit today. That is my prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jody. Please do keep on clarifying the facts because they frequently get twisted. I see this all the time. It is like re-victimizing Kelsey and the Smith family over and over.
    It just doesn't end. Kelsey dies again everyday. I just saw the ever lovely storytellers on the Who Killed Kelsey Facebook page. Feels like a Mary Kay Party. What's the moniker all about WKK? Kind of like a sister to KKK? I don't like it. And "Kelsey Saturday"? They just keep using this child over and over. Someone actually comments on all the publicity photos as the authors losing the integrity and purpose of the book.
    We all knew that anyway. It's never been about the TRUTH or about KELSEY.
    Rest in peace dear sweet little spunk. Everyone has to answer for their behavior eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, The first time I heard the WKK I had to ask for clarification because I thought the person said that the biased "journalists" were wearing KKK shirts. I thought surely not, but you know, after reading a few pages of their book and seeing the seething hate they have for Raye Dawn that jumps off of the pages, I don't get it. I really don't. How those women can call themselves journalists is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete