Key things that need to be noted about the depositions are as follows:
1. Lance didn't know Kelsey's birthday or anything about her. He told Raye's attorney, "Ask my mom."
2. The "broken man" the Briggs described who doesn't smile anymore laughed as he sat through Raye Dawn's deposition and held up his fingers for 27, the number of years that Raye was sentenced. He laughed during a deposition about the abuse and murder of his daughter.
3. Kathie stated that she didn't make a single call to DHS concerning Kelsey. The grandmother who "fought so hard for her grandchild" didn't even call in a single report to DHS, according to her.
4. Ashley was unreachable and didn't show up to testify for Lance
5. Richard Smothermon threatened to file a restraining order against Jones if he asked any questions about the case
6. Mike Porter plead the fifth and was defended by Lance's attorney and Lance's attorney shook his hand
Who's hiding something? It sounds like a few people are hiding things.
Further notes on the hearing -
Gayla was listed on Raye Dawn's witness list but Raye Dawn did such a wonderful job that Jones didn't need Gayla.
Plus, Lance's attorney who sounded like a preacher giving a sermon instead of asking questions took up most of the time with his repetitious double talk
Jones wanted to add two more witnesses to Raye Dawn's list but Lance's attorneys threw a fit about it
Lance's attorneys, three middle-aged men high-fived each other after the hearing, which looked almost as silly as Lance's attorney looked on New Year's Eve at the piano bar with his little hat and his horn, ordering drinks, dancing, and carrying on like he was 21
After the hearing, a reporter walked up to Sherri and asked her if she wanted to talk to the media. Sherri stated that she would and as we walked to the elevator I asked the reporter what channel he was with. He stated, "Fox 25." I told Sherri, "He's with Britten's channel." Sherri turned around and told him that she did not have anything to say to any news channel that is associated with Britten Follet. We went outside and a few cameras were there. Sherri made a statement and afterward realized that the channel 25 camera was there. Sherri told the cameraman, "You do not have my permission to use my interview." In a very rude tone he told her, "It's way too late for that lady." Sherri then called the station and told them not to air her interview and they did it anyway. She explained to them that Britten Follet has been reporting biased reports against Raye Dawn and her family since the start of the case and now she's writing a biased book and she did not want to have anything to do with the channel. They stated that she was on a public street so she couldn't do anything about it.
It's so upsetting how the media has treated this case and how everything has been tilted in the favor of the Briggs, a family that has repeatedly lied. The hate will not end until the liars are no longer given a platform. I'm praying for that day to come soon!